Filing a Complaint Against a Licensed Proprietary School

If you are experiencing a problem with a licensed proprietary school, licensed agent working for a registered school, or instructor within a licensed proprietary school, you must first use your school’s internal established grievance procedure. If the outcome of the problem is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may then file a formal, written complaint with the Commission on Proprietary Schools and College Registration (CPSCR).

Once your official complaint form has been received at the CPSCR office, you will receive an acknowledgement letter. You may be contacted for further details, if necessary. The complaint must be received within two (2) years of the occurrence.  The school will be notified of your complaint.

All complaints will be examined to determine factual basis. Your name and complaint will have to be given to the school to evaluate your complaint and assess records. Filing a complaint does not guarantee disciplinary actions will be taken with any school. All results of CPSCR’s findings will be communicated to you in writing. Depending on the nature of the complaint submitted, it may take CPSCR weeks or months to complete an investigation. No unsigned or incomplete complaints can be processed.

Download the Complaint Form


Closed Schools and Transcript Requests

In Mississippi, CPSCR registered schools are required to place their students’ transcripts with a custodial party to maintain and distribute those records at the student’s request. Many times, students are looking for records more than 10 years old. However, these records are not always accessible.

CPSCR has custodial possession of transcripts for the following listed schools ONLY:

  • Performance Training Institute
  • Moore Career College (Jackson & Hattiesburg)
  • Coastal Training Institute
  • Virginia College  (Online, Biloxi & Jackson)
  • Neely Business College

*Contact the CPSCR office for information on records from these institutions.


Obtaining Records

  • For information to obtain transcripts from Magnolia Bible College, Mary Holmes College, Phillips Jr. College, Prentiss Institute, Wesley College, or Wood College, visit the Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation website
  • For ITT Technical Institute, those records can be obtained by visiting the Parchment website.
  • For Virginia College, Brightwood, Ecotech Institute, and Golf Academy of America, those records and diplomas can be obtained by visiting the Parchment website
  • If you need to request information on any other school, please click on the Closed School List to view a list of closed schools or email We may be able to provide you with information or a closed school letter.


Transcript Service

  • $10.00 for each paper transcript request. (Transcripts are only sent by postal mail within 5 days of receipt of payment.) A digital copy of a transcript is free of charge but can only be sent via email.
  • We cannot send transcripts via E-script. Official transcripts must be mailed. It is the requester's responsibility to plan ahead in order to meet application deadlines.



  • CPSCR only accepts money orders made payable to the Commission on Proprietary Schools & College Registration.
  • The Transcript Request Form outlines the information required to fulfill transcript requests. It is necessary to complete the form, sign it, and return it along with payment. Please note that we require the signature of the student. If you are an institution requesting a transcript, we will accept your school request form with a student signature along with the $10.00 fee.
  • Please mail requests for transcripts to:
    • Commission on Proprietary Schools & College Registration
    • RE: Transcript Request
    • 3825 Ridgewood Road 5th floorJackson, MS 39211
  • Requests for education verification may also be faxed to: (601) 432-6890. If you submit a request via fax, transcript will not be mailed until payment is received.